Sunday, August 1, 2021

Day one - losing weight again...

 

10 years ago, when I was 43, and the last baby I gave birth to was 17 months old, I worked incredibly hard to lose weight. I was 163lb.  Mainly doing the 17-day diet and working out five days a week. I lost about 36lbs. It was hard but I felt great mentally and physically. I bought a new wardrobe and got into great eating habits, I could even cheat about once a week.

 

Well, 21 months ago I weighed 130 lbs. and wore a size 6. With older age, menopause, and covid restrictions, I now weigh 160 lbs. and wear a size 14. As a hugging extrovert, the pandemic really affected me. The closing of gyms and 90% of my activities left me moping on the couch and causing lots of stress. So, the weight came on and on, and I kept stress eating more and more.

 

In the past I would just do a 17-day cleansing and get back on track. Lately I would try, and try, maybe lasting a couple days, I would lose a few pounds, and then gain it all back again. I love food, all food, not just salty, but sweet too. ALL THE THINGS…

 

I have tried different diets; keto, carnivore, low carb, intermittent fasting, but none have lasted with my weak self-control. I have asked people for help and advice, trying new things, and getting great suggestions. Nothing really worked significantly.

 

Each month I would try and try again. Working out each day, getting back to the gym, and trying to eat better. But could never have the motivation I had years ago. Then it dawned on me…I used to do the 17-day diet with others and publicly share my successes and failures. I would post my weight and my food daily.  Maybe having accountability was all I needed…

 

So Here I Go.

August 1, 2021

Weighed 159 lbs

Ate three turkey burgers and some pickles

Lots of artichoke Salad

(Cheated-licking the icing on birthday cake)

August 2021- 159 lbs
November 2019- 130 lbs

Thy Will Be Done!!! +JMJ+


No comments: