Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Meditation of the day...IMITATION OF CHRIST...

On False Confidence and Arrogance:

...Why should you mind serving others or being poor in the eyes of the world, as long as you do it for the love of Jesus Christ? Put all your confidence in God, but do not trust yourself.

...do not be proud of any talents or skills you possess, for in this way you displease God from whom you have received them.

Do not consider yourself better than others, for you may be worse in God's sight. Do not be proud of your good works, for often what pleases man displeases God, Whose judgments differ from the judgments of men. whatever goodness or virtue is in you, believe that your neighbor has better qualities; in this way you will preserve humility.

It will not hurt you to consider yourself worse than others, even if this is not really so; but it will hurt you greatly if you prefer yourself above another; although he might be a great sinner. A humble man is a peaceful man; but the heart of a proud many is full of envy and resentment.

I linked to the flylady because after my 8th child I really didn't have the motivation to get back to cleaning and organizing...it was like I forgot how!!! The time I spent nursing took away the little time I spent cleaning. I don't use the flylady anymore, but it comes in handy when I hit the wall. What I learned from her was that I am not cleaning for cleaning sake but to BLESS MY FAMILY...or in my words...FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST!!!

Thy will be done!!!+JMJ+


No comments: